Joe Rowntree is a stand-up comedian, actor, writer and presenter. His television career started back in 2001 writing put-downs for Anne Robinson on The Weakest Link. He has hosted 2 UK tours of Brainiac Live which culminated at the Hammersmith Apollo after appearing in all six series of the award-winning hit Sky 1 show Brainiac: Science Abuse and recently recorded Dave's One Night Stand (Dave), which he was a huge hit on!
Joe performs at the most prestigious and reputable comedy clubs across the UK and International comedy circuit including:
- The Comedy Store
- The Glee Club
- Banana Cabaret
- The Comedy Café
- The Stand
- Komedia ...to name a few!
Joe has also been a hit overseas in Dubai, Qatar and Bahrain (with the Comedy Store) and throughout Europe and America. He has supported Rhod Gilbert and Stephen K Amos in theatres on their national tours and also made his Australian debut, in 2012, performing for a month in Mary Tobin’s Best of Fest package show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
TV and Acting
Joe's television acting appearances include:
- The Sack Race (BBC2)
- In Your Face (Bravo)
- 1970s Office (Sky 1)
- Adverts for MTV and Burger King
- The Richard Hammond Show (ITV)
- Richard & Judy (Channel 4)
- Brainiac: Science Abuse & Brainiac’s Test Tube Baby (Sky 1)
- Secret Interview (Channel 5)
- Claudia Winkelman's Art Show (BBC Radio 2)
- The Blame Game (BBC Radio Northern Ireland
Joe is not touring at present but for news of one-off dates, please click here